All Star Award 2019
The Irish Pedigree Cattle Breeders’ Association has introduced a new All Stars Award for pedigree herdbooks throughout the country. The Association is an umbrella for all cattle breed societies and this inaugural event brought together a diversity of breeders united by their attainments and breeding feats.
The Irish Holstein Friesian Association award goes to Lisnalty Megasire Rituel EX90 2nd lactation, bred by Paul Hannan & family, Lisnalty herd, Friarstown, Crecora Co. Limerick. Lisnalty Megasire Rituel holds the distinction of having won Supreme Champion of both the National Dairy Show and Supreme Champion R.U.A.S. Winter Fair 2019.
Her roster of success and achievement in these major national shows includes;
National Dairy Show
- 1st Three-Year-Old & Best Udder
- Exhibitor Bred Champion
- Supreme Champion
Royal Ulster Agricultural Society Winter Fair
- 1st Junior Cow in milk and Best Udder
- Holstein Champion
- Exhibitor Bred Champion Holstein
- Supreme Interbreed Champion
IHFA All Ireland Award Junior Three-Year-Old Cow in-milk 2019
She is classified EX90 on IHFA conformation – the maximum score possible for 2nd calvers.
- Her quality is such that she is scored EX90 for mammary and EX90 on feet & legs, emphasising her top merit for functionality and conformation.
- She completes thirteen generations of VG/EX breeding.
- In her first lactation she recorded over 12,000kgs milk, 954kgs milk solids.
- She calved in on her second lactation with a calving interval of 340 days.
- To date she has recorded over 7,000kgs milk and 636kgs milk solids in this lactation.